Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New to this...

So I have no idea what I'm doing. And I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue doing this or not, but I like learning new things so here it goes. This is obviously my first blog and my first post. It's 2009 and we just enjoyed the long Christmas and New Year's holidays. Everyone is back to work and school and we are adjusting to life as usual. "Life as usual" is code word for back to the laundry, the dishes, making lunches... I'm certainly not complaining as I really enjoy staying home with my kids and taking care of my family. It has been the most fulfilling thing I have ever done and I can't imagine missing out on this time with the kids. I don't know how I do it sometimes. God is faithful and He provides. It's the only way I can be here right now. And I'm married to a wonderful man that works hard and takes that responsibility very seriously. It begs the question, though, why am I blogging right now instead of doing the dishes? Well, I will do the dishes, even though it is my least favorite household chore, but I tend to put it off until right before I have to make dinner when I need the space, the pots & pans, and it is absolutely necessary for me to clean the dishes or atleast put them in the dishwasher before I can cook. It works for me. Cooking on the other hand I enjoy. I just wish I didn't have to clean up afterwards. Not quite ideal to like the cooking but not the cleaning up. It reminds me of days in my childhood when my Dad, a "tree man", would climb up into a tree and trim all the dead wood out. He got to swing in the trees and make a big mess, but my brother & I would have to pick up all the branches that fell and drag them into a pile. I think I have always hated "cleaning up". Make the craft, play the game, cook the meal, start the project, but never ever wanting to clean up when I was done. I mean I did clean up, just like I cleaned up those branches and I will clean up my dishes piled in the sink. I just don't LIKE doing it. I can't be the only one like that. Although my friend Meredith said the other night that doing dishes was her favorite thing to do. Can you imagine?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails